Begin your Spa Castle experience on our lobby floor, where separate areas for men and women are both furnished with electronically operated lockers, a relaxing lounge and indoor spa, and healing room.
- The dry and wet sauna rooms cleanse pores and helps rid the body of minor aches and pains.
- Four different heated mineral pools which are modeled after traditional Asian and European bathing house.
- The cold bath pool not only rejuvenates the body, but strengthens the immune system and helps with blood circulation.
- Aqua-jets in the spas massage away tension through the use of acupressure.
- Exfoliation scrub and massage services leave skin feeling silky and smooth.
- Relax in the lounge area while sipping on an ice-cold beverage, or bask in the warmth of the tranquility in the healing room.
More Detail About Our Baths:
Why is this area nude?
Since the beginning of bathing history, clothing was prohibited inside the tubs for sanitary reasons. Unnatural chemicals and toxins from the clothing would be drawn out by the intense heat of the water and absorbed into the pores and skin. It was also said that a bather wearing clothing in this area was trying to conceal an unhealthy condition that was worth hiding.
* To promote the cleanest waters for our guests and to stay true to ancient bath traditions, clothing and/or any form of bathing suits are prohibited inside all locker room baths. Each guest must shower prior to using any of the baths or pools.
Suggested Use of the Bath Area
- Head-to-toe cleanse and exfoliation at seated showers PRIOR to entering baths.
- Emersion in one or more of the heated tubs, increasing temperatures as you go.
- Scrub Massage treatment.
- Use of dry and wet sauna rooms.
- Another shower and/or soaking in heated tubs.
- A dip in the cold plunge to close the pores and tighten the skin.
Seated showers are popular as it allows for a more thorough cleansing of the body through lathering and exfoliating of the skin. Children and parents help scrub each other’s backs, epitomizing the pure and simple culture of the communal bath tradition.
Heated Bath Spa Pools – Event Tubs
Soaking inside heated waters helps open up pores, improves blood circulation of white blood cells, and reduces aches or pains. By adding aqua-jets, the thermal waters are now specifically aimed to massage muscles. Each jet targets different pressure points throughout the body, increasing circulation and digestion, while soothing any body aches and treating discomfort caused by certain diseases.
* Spa Castle uses natural herbs inside the heated waters to help cleanse the pores and restore the skins vibrancy.
Body Scrubs – A traditional Korean exfoliation treatment
Body Scrubs are a traditional Korean practice of cleansing and exfoliation that uses textured gloves to remove dead skin, dirt and oil, while increasing circulation and firming the skin. It is custom to soak in the hot bath to open up the pores and prepare the skin for exfoliation. Therapists proceed with the scrub, which is a fully nude, no-frills service designed purely to cleanse the skin. You will be left soft and detoxified with your skin breathing like never before.
Cold Plunge Pools
Contrast hydrotherapy is the alternation between hot and cold baths to achieve the combine benefits of differing water temperature immersion. Cold water improves the circulatory system as well as aids in lymphatic drainage. Surface blood vessels constrict and drive blood back into the organs. Short spurts of drastic temperature changes help tighten up the skin, builds up the immune system, and also help rid the formation of cellulite.